Wednesday March 10, 2010
The biology pre-physical therapy program is designed to meet the prerequisites of the physical therapy program at Ohio University and at most institutions. This major is also designed to provide students with a solid background in the life sciences. It should be noted that there are no uniform requirements for physical therapy schools. If you are interested in applying to a particular physical therapy program you will need to consult the school’s catalog or Web site for exact prerequisites.
Goals for the Pre-Physical Therapy Major
If you are applying to professional school (Medicine, Veterinary, Optometry, Dental, Pharmacy), you will want to do the following:
* Earn a solid GPA (3.5+ is a good goal to have, 3.2 is OK, 3.0 is an absolute minimum)
* Earn a solid Science GPA (3.3+)
* Get to know your faculty! You will most likely need 1-2 letters of recommendation from faculty
* Get volunteer experience in Physical Therapy
* Get to know a few physical therapists well. You will most likely need 1-2 letters of recommendation from PTs
* Get involved in extracurricular activities, serve as a TA, take on leadership roles during your college experience.
* Consider doing research in an area of your interest
For more information, please email or visit Ann LaComb, Pre-professional Advisor Biological Sciences Department 111 Irvine Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-593-0431
If you would like to discuss your goals, please do not hesitate to set up an appointment with me! I am here to help you become the best possible professional school applicant!